Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Icing on the Cake


It’s Saturday and Anne is in route home from Nicaragua, as I write.  This week has been full of great stories with the kids; so many funny and memorable moments.  As those of you with children can attest, it’s the little things that keep you laughing and enjoying watching them grow.  This one just puts the icing on the cake for me…

This afternoon, Ella Rae approached me and here is our exchange:

ER (in a whisper): “Daddy, I poo-pooed in my diaper”
Daddy (in a whisper, as well): “You don’t wear diapers”    

Oh my goodness!!  Now I’m not a guy that’s afraid to change a dirty diaper.  Ask Anne…she’ll vouch for me.  But I have found out now, there is a world of difference between a dirty diaper and a pair of nasty big girl pants on a 3-year-old!!  That’s just not right!!

No comments: