Okay, I’ll admit it…I had forgotten how tough it was. Honesty is one of the first steps to recovery or so “they” say, right? Anne will read this and think that I didn’t have a good time, but I have really enjoyed this week. I just miss having a moment to myself sometimes, that’s all. It seems like Ella Rae and Alden are never napping at the same time; so I have to entertain at least one of them non-stop.
On Monday evening I was making dinner in a rare moment of silence. I hadn’t abandoned the kids somewhere, had I…? No; it turns out they had retreated to playroom together for some fun. As I tiptoed around the kitchen like a deer, trying my best not to break the silence, I caught myself soaking in the calmness of the moment.
All of a sudden the World flipped on its axis and from the playroom came the loudest screaming, banging, slamming, stomping, crashing and crying that I’ve ever known. It sounded like a tiger was loose in the house. I started running up the stairs just as Alden was running down. Oh my God…what had happened? Alden looked like he had wrestled a Grizzly Bear. His shirt was torn, he was crying and he was now sporting a black eye. That’s right, a “shiner” that would make his daddy proud.
I immediately put on my detective hat and tried to piece together this case. Were there any witnesses? It appeared so, but she ‘aint talkin’. She didn’t see anything or hear anything out of the ordinary. My victim wasn’t talking either (he can’t but that beside the point). It was quickly apparent that this one was following the code of the street. I suspect that the score will be settled sometime soon; I just hope it’s not this week.
Well, this case has officially gone “cold”, but through the few details I’ve been able to piece together, we do have a composite drawing of the suspect.
![]() |
| Composite sketch of possible suspect |
![]() |
| Hi Mommy! Daddy says SHINERS are cool! |


1 comment:
Brad, I love it that you blog when Anne is away! You're great at it! Hope Alden doesn't decide to retaliate until mommy returns ;)
Post a Comment