It was inevitable, it was bound to happen, but I thought I would have more time to find a brilliant answer for when I was asked…”Where’d Mommy Go?” So how long after Anne left did it take Ella Rae to ask “the question?”…about 10 seconds. So I dug deep for the right answer, after all how do you tell a 2 year-old that Mommy is gone for a week? Admittedly, not the most brilliant answer but being put on the spot so quickly; I uttered the first thing that came to mind…Nicaragua. Nicanaca (Nick-a-knocka)? She responded from the back of the van.
Since then she has asked a few times and I have gone on to tell her that Mommy is helping people in Nicaragua (or “Nick-a-knocka" according to her), maybe even some kids just like her. I doubt that she understands, but she seems to accept the answer every time. I have learned that there was no need for an elaborate answer after all, the truth would work just fine.
1 comment:
Thank you Brad - I love it!Love from Mommy in Nick-a-Knocka!
Post a Comment