Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nicaragua Bound in 1 Day!

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1


Wow...I can’t believe I leave for Nicaragua in 1 day. I remember sitting in Sunday school one morning months ago, still contemplating going, and thinking, “I can’t do this….I need so many supplies to clean teeth – how can I possibly get all that together and take it on an airplane to another country?” Well, I was right about one thing that day….I can’t do it BUT GOD CAN!!


I have seen the work and power of my Lord and I’m not even to Nicaragua yet. I had absolutely nothing… no gloves, no masks, no instruments, no Cavitron, NOTHING! Now…I have more supplies than I need, a faith in my God that is overflowing, a STORY to share - HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD, and a huge smile on my face!!! I have been met with amazing support and encouragement. My adorable, marvelous, super-duper husband is taking off work to stay home with our babies (and I know that means he will be swamped the next week – THANK YOU BRAD!!!) but he has not even mentioned that and is actually so excited about staying home with them. I have family, church family and neighbors that are preparing meals – what a blessing! Some have asked me how I can leave my kids for that long and if I’m scared? Certainly being away from my children for a week will not be easy – being home with them is all that I have known for 2 years now. However, the very thought of teaching these moms and dads to better care for their own teeth and their babies resulting in better overall health….that brings me chills. And fear has not even crossed my mind….


So do not fear, for I am with you;

do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you;

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10


Dear Lord,

Please watch over each of us going to Nicaragua. Keep us safe and encouraged. We thank you for the opportunity to serve others, to be your hands and feet and to tell others about you! Protect our families while we are gone and keep them healthy.


In your precious name I pray, Amen.
Mr. Monkey is packed and ready to go teach the kiddos how to brush their teeth! (Thank you Dr.Kegler and Laura!!) Here's a video clip that our Missions Pastor sent today. They are there preparing for our arrival!

1 comment:

Casey and Jamie Wood said...

I still think it is so awesome that you are doing this! I know that God will bless you on your trip to teach. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.