Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ouch!!!

I don't normally freak-out when one of the kiddos gets injured, falls down, or even bleeds. Usually a little pressure applied, neosporin and a band-aid does the trick....well NOT this time! I freaked out!! I was in my bathroom - kiddos were playing in the playroom and suddenly I hear Alden screaming horribly. As soon as I get to him - this is what I see.....only worse (because this was taken 2 hours later).


I grabbed him, an ice-pack, Ella Rae (still in PJs) and we jumped in the car heading for our awesome Urgent Care right around the corner. I really thought he had broken his zygomatic and injured his eye. This urgent care is staffed by ER docs which is a comfort to me because they see a lot of different cases and are always so calming. Of course as soon as we get there and get seated he's wanting to run around and climb on the chairs in the waiting area - geez.

The doctor assured me nothing was broken (I couldn't watch him press on it checking the bone) and his eye was fine. Ella Rae was telling him how we were suppose to go to Monkey Joe's to meet friends and play. He said, "You should go - he's fine!" I was in shock but both of them really wanted to go...so we did and they had a blast. I did get some crazy mommy stares though - oh well!

Oh precious Bruiser is certainly earning his nickname!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least he isn't going around saying "my mommy did this to me" like Brian used to have fun doing when people asked what happened to give him his black eyes.