For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Gal 5:13-14
For months now I have heard the excitement at church as a group prepares to leave later this month for another medical mission trip to Nicaragua. It’s been hard knowing that I wouldn’t be going this time. There were several reasons Brad and I had discussed that didn’t support my going this year, but hoped I could go next year.
For months now I have heard the excitement at church as a group prepares to leave later this month for another medical mission trip to Nicaragua. It’s been hard knowing that I wouldn’t be going this time. There were several reasons Brad and I had discussed that didn’t support my going this year, but hoped I could go next year.
Well, change of plans…..God had different plans and he spoke to the heart of our missions pastor who approached me about going and now I am! HE WORKED IT ALL OUT! So on March 20, myself and a team from my church will go on a week-long medical mission trip to Jinotega, Nicaragua. We will be reaching out to their community and outlying villages through a free medical clinic. It will be quite different this year in that we will relocate everyday in the mountainous region to better serve the people. This means packing everything up each night and unpacking it each morning. Our days begin around 5am and end…well….when they do! We will be taking doctors, nurses, general goodwill ambassadors and a dental hygienist (me) to serve the people of the area. We will make every effort of course to meet as many spiritual needs as they allow.
I am again so thankful for a church that encourages me to move beyond my comfort zone and serve others! And one that LOVES MISSIONS!! I know I can help make a difference by going to Nicaragua even if for just one week. Please be in prayer for all of us! And please pray for Brad, Ella Rae and Alden – he will be taking the week off work to stay home with our babies! It’s so incredibly hard to leave them, the 3 of them, they are my whole life. They are what I do and who I am all week long. And I will cry – I will bawl my eyes out, but I know the Hand Of God is on my family and is working in Nicaragua. He has called me and I am His daughter – how could I ever argue with that.
Ella Rae and Alden,
My sweet babies – I love you and I will miss you! Mommy loves Jesus and He calls us to serve His people. I look forward to telling you all about the trip, my experiences and showing you pictures. I want you to be proud of me and I want you to have a heart for serving others and look forward to your joining me on mission trips one day (and daddy too)!
Pictures from May 2010 Medical Mission Trip.


No comments:
Post a Comment