I’m a bit behind on blogging – mommy had surgery…but we’re back on track!
If you know me, you know I LOVE birthdays! The night before Ella Rae’s birthday I had so much fun decorating the living room, breakfast area and of course her door. We started the tradition of “the birthday door” on her very first birthday! I quickly made a number 3, for the birthday banner I made last year, and we were all set and ready for the birthday girl to wake up!
The look on her face when she woke up to her “birthday door” was priceless! She was confused and then excited! We headed to breakfast and had a special treat - cinnamon rolls, sang Happy Birthday and she made a wish! Mimi had flown in the night before and she always comes bearing gifts. She let Ella Rae (and Alden) go ahead and open presents before the party. We now have a cowgirl and a cowboy running around here – that’s right…..real boots and hats people! They love them! Brad and I got her a scooter and helmet - she's really enjoying scooting around the house!
Nana and Papa came by later to hug the birthday girl and bring a present. Nana has been working hard making some baby doll clothes for Ella Rae’s dolls. She loves to “play babies” and changing the clothes is the best part. Now her new “Nena” doll has a full wardrobe. (it’s named for her Aunt Nena in California)
What a great birthday morning!
Thank you Mimi, Nana and Papa!
![]() |
| Watch out Ladies! |
![]() |
| These Boots were Made For Walkin'..... |
![]() |
| Sweet moment - holding hands and watching Mickey! |













No comments:
Post a Comment