Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sleeping Beauty?!?

Oh my sweet darling Ella Rae is trying so hard to drop her afternoon nap. Mommy says, "No Way, Jose!" I have approximately 1.5 hours to myself all day and I really like it and plan to keep it that way for as long as I can! Lately I spend around 45 minutes battling my 2 year old at nap time. I know what you're saying, "Who's in charge at your house lady?" I have turned her lock around, so she can't continue to escape and that works most of the time - she eventually falls asleep UNLESS she completely tears her closet apart - pulling everything out of it and all clothes off the hangers. Ugghhhh. On this particular day I listened and watched on the monitor till there was silence. I went in her room to find this....Sweet girl had put her pillow pet inside her play stroller and fallen asleep inside. Now you're asking yourself if I moved her. NO WAY, JOSE...never wake or move sleeping beauty! (Notice her shoes and slippers she got out of her closet and set on the floor - I wonder what that was about?)



Ella Rae - one day when you're much older, you will want to nap so badly, I promise! I love you!



3 comments:

Casey and Jamie Wood said...

This is hilarious! I feel your pain... I'm suffering going from two naps down to one. I can't imagine dropping them all together! I need my sanity time!

Hildreth Family said...

Oh my gosh, Anne! I love it! So cute! Kids do the craziest things when they're so tired, don't they?!

The Pangles said...

This is so precious! It is amazing how little ones can fall asleep. Bless her heart!