Friday, December 24, 2010

Friendly Family Christmas!

Friends are family you choose for yourself. ~ Unknown

One thing Brad and I have learned over the past few years is that the bond that links your family is not one of blood; but one of respect and joy in each other’s life.  Brad and I are blessed with beautiful, amazing friends. Friends that show us they care all year long.  Of course Christmas would not be the same if we did not share it with them! So…..

On Monday we finally had the Hildreth’s over for dinner. After chili and gifts we headed down to the basement for some Christmas carols and guitar playing while kids ran around dancing…so much fun!

On Wednesday night we headed over to the McNeely’s to eat and celebrate! The kids had a great time and loved their presents! We are truly blessed to know and have this family in our life…Teresa and I talk or text at least once everyday! She and Troy are friends that you know will always be there for you! Teresa is my BFF! I know that’s totally cliché and old school – but true! She loves me no matter what I say or do and I know she has my back!

We started a Christmas Eve morning tradition last year with the Hildreth’s to meet for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. It’s so much fun! “Table for 8 and 2 highchairs and a sling, please!” God placed this family in our life 3 years ago during a time that seemed confusing and in need of encouraging friends! They truly are a gift!

Merry Christmas! 

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.  The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.  ~Henri Nouwen

Hildreth Family Fun!
McNeely Mania! 
Cracker Barrel Breakfast Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve Breakfast 2010

No comments: