Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some Fun Firsts!!

On May 12th Ella Rae had her very first dental appointment. She did pretty good! With only 17 teeth in there (yes- my 2 yr old is just getting her canines and some more molars) there wasn't much to do but I wanted her to become familiar with the process and understand that it's a safe place. We brush teeth most mornings (bad mommy) and EVERY night. First mommy brushes and then she gets to do it. She loves to brush her tongue (mommies - don't forget their tongue!) and we even have to use dino-flossers between 2 teeth that touch and food likes to catch! All in all it was a good visit and she still talks about going to the dentist.

See how I do it! (I think she's even holding it at a 45 degree angle - that's my girl!)


On May 8th Ella Rae had her first pedicure with mommy. It was so sweet to see those little toes with hot pink on them!


On June 22 our boy had his first full lunch of just table food. He loves turkey, cheese (yes- I give him dairy already!), peas, carrots, pasta, apple sauce, and diced banana. The other day he even had a chicken and cheese quesadilla from our fav restaurant - Barberitos. He's a growing boy!

On July 6 we began making the transition from formula to whole milk. He loves it!! We started by mixing 1/2 milk and 1/2 formula but now he'll drink just milk! At about the same time we began the transition from bottle to sippy cup only. Brad and I both thought this was going to be very difficult since he has had a bottle since he was 4 months old. We just slowly got rid of one and then another and on July 19th he went all day without a single bottle. YEAH!! (I'm getting some much needed cabinet space back too!)



No comments: