Monday, May 24, 2010

Only You and Me!

And It’s just YOU and me here now
Only you and me here now! ~David Crowder Band

For months now my favorite song has been “Only You” by David Crowder Band. I cry just listening to it and maybe that’s because I long for that “Just You and Me” time! I picture myself with a cup of coffee (of course) on my screened in porch at dawn (HaHa) spending time alone with Him!! “Just You and Me….Only You and Me Here Now!!” But right now at daybreak I’m feeding Alden and trying to get those last few minutes of sleep in before I hear, “Mommy, Ewwa Way awake now!” Oh my sweet girl!

I know it’s now summer but I need to go back to April for updates....the week of Spring Break was nice! We did a lot of nothing!! One day we did go to the Zoo which was super crowded but a fun time with friends. Ella Rae enjoyed being outside but that pollen was horrible and poor Alden paid for it the next day. I guess he also got my bad allergy gene, along with my fair skin and hair. Sorry buddy! With the nice weather lately Ella Rae wants to play in the water every chance she get, but for awhile the hose water was so cold so we improvised by putting warm water from the house in the fire pit on the back deck and she loves to play in it – would this be considered a “red neck water table?” Oh well.

The Challenging Two’s have brought many tears lately. I guess it’s just that time and I try to tell myself that when I too want to break down and cry. Sometimes I seem to do it all wrong in her eyes…serve her water in the wrong sippy cup (No Mommy, I want other sippy! Tears), put her down for a nap/bedtime (No Mommy, Mommy’s bed! Tears). Argghhhh!

Sweet Alden now has 2 teeth on the bottom (letters o and p!) and is cutting two on top (letters e and f!). He’s still being so precious - just chewing on everything and drooling everywhere! He’s trying so hard to crawl – if that big chunky left leg would just cooperate!

Brad turned 35 April 16th! I decided to bake him a cake (I know…unusual)! It was delicious! Brad emailed me this recipe for Key Lime Cake several years ago that someone at work had made…it remained filed in my recipe binder till the other day. It was seriously one of the best cakes I have ever had.

Speaking of cooking…I have been learning more about healthy eating and cooking for our family. My friend, Teresa, has been a great inspiration and encourager in this department!
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
What encouraging words to remind me to take care of myself and my family through healthier cooking and exercise! Not only have Brad, Ella Rae I been enjoying some new healthy foods but Alden too. I’ve been making squash, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot purees. One night I even pureed some chicken! Ella Rae has been eating up some avocado and cream cheese sandwiches with cucumbers (dipped in ranch). I got real crazy and made some Kale chips one night (found on one of my new favorite websites - Weelicious) – I would definitely make them again.

We attended one of Ella Rae's friend's birthday parties and it was so fun. They had a jumpy jump which Ella Rae loved and of course she loved the cupcake! Alden just hung out and loved watching all the action. A petting zoo came to school and my typically brave girl, well…she wanted nothing to do with those animals. She did pet one little pony ‘cause a friend did and then looked in the rabbit’s cage saying, “Hi Rabbit!” Hmmm….

Swim lessons have been going ok. She still cries which makes me sad because I know she loves swimming! She’s viewing it as work and something she’s being made to do. I wanted to get in with her and help her remember that its fun and she CAN do it! So…we headed to Teresa’s dad’s farm where he has a heated pool! At first she was nervous but after about an hour she was jumping in like last year and swimming to the steps. She would even ask to “swim to steps!” She did not want to be held. Thank goodness! Maybe now she’ll have some fun at swim lessons again. We have one week of refresher lessons left.

Ella Rae will be attending summer camp at school! That sounds really weird…she’s only 2! Her school is offering daily camp for a week from 9-1pm. Each day at camp will include a bible story time, arts and crafts, songs, and recreation time! She will love it and it will be a nice change come the end of July.

So for now while I hum my favorite Dave Crowder song in my head and drink my cup of coffee; it’s with The Wiggles in the background while sitting on my playroom floor with my babies crawling and drooling all over me. And that’s ok!!

Loves the water!
Morning of School Pictures
Happy Birthday Daddy!
My Big Helper!
Tears!
Yummy!
Alden loves to splash!!
1..2...3...JUMP!
Resting on her back!
Come here Horses!

Ginny!


Who me, a sweet tooth??

Petting Zoo at school!





No comments: