Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4 CM!!

Yea! I went to the OB today for my 36 week check-up and I am 4CM dilated!! I knew I was feeling alot of pressure but figured I was just tired bc I chase a toddler all day. After determining I was progressing, my midwife really wanted to do an ultrasound to see if he was head down and to check his size. From just feeling my belly and looking at me (knowing how I carried Ella Rae) she was thinking he was getting pretty big. So...after measuring every part of this baby via ultrasound it was determined that he is about 7 lbs 9oz currently. Yikes!!! Right now he's gaining about 1/2 pound a week, so if I make it to my due date (please God NO) he could be close to 9 lbs! Scary for me considering I struggled for 2 hours with a 6lb 7oz baby. My midwife doesn't seem to think I'll make it that long. BTW...Ella Rae stayed with my sweet and wonderful friend MamaJo today since I didn't know how long this appointment would be and she had a blast. She never cried and even kissed me goodbye on my way out the door. Thank you again MamaJo!

Here's a very close-up profile picture of our boy!! Look at those big lips - he was opening and closing his mouth drinking during the US - which explains all the hiccups I feel with him.

1 comment:

Casey and Jamie Wood said...

Oh my gosh Anne! I'm so excited for you! Keep me posted and good luck! Get some rest.