On Saturday, Nov 26th while daddy was getting Ella Rae up from a nap I hear him say, “Where are the scissors and where’s the rest of your hair?” I quickly ran upstairs and found that Ella Rae has chopped off much of the left side of her hair and her bangs. She first told daddy that she pulled it out. Daddy didn't fall for that. She then proceeds to tell us that she put the scissors back in my bathroom and threw her hair away in her bathroom trashcan....and that’s exactly where we found it (with the exception of the small clumps she had left in her bed). Brad and I stood in the bathroom looking at the hair and couldn’t help but to just start laughing. After securing the hair in a sandwich bag we wondered what to do? I eventually broke down and cried - darn hormones - and now my babies curls were gone, plus what if she had hurt herself. So I called a friend who cuts hair and she came over pretty quickly and fixed it right up! Now she has the cutest little angled curly bob - and it takes about a minute to style....and NO TEARS! It was quite the process doing Ella Rae’s hair when it was long...so many tangles.
When we finally ask her why she did this her response was, “It was in my eyes and I wanted to play Tangled!” (At the end of the movie Tangled, Rapunzel cuts her hair off.)
I do love her imagination and role playing but this was taking it a little to far! I'm just glad she's safe.
 |
| After she cut it! |
 |
| Yikes! |
 |
| Ms. Holly to the rescue! |
 |
| The pile in the bag is what we found in her trashcan. And yes - I saved it! |
 |
| So cute!! |
 |
| She loves it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment