Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seussville Party!

When we began planning Alden's 1st birthday party it was difficult to find something that was "him!" When we stumbled upon the Dr. Suess party supplies we were so excited and knew that was it. We decided to ask Papa and Nana if we could have the party at their house in Marietta so Grandmother Hames could attend (she lives in Mareitta also) - she's 93 and making the trip all the way up here is just to tough on her and we really wanted her to be there to celebrate with us. They of course said yes and planning began! After hours of internet searching I still could not find a Dr. Seuss birthday banner that I really liked. So I decided to make my own! I found one online I could try to duplicate and once finished I couldn't have been happier. I attached the number with velcro so I could reuse it for future birthdays. For table decoration, I cut out red felt circles to place on the tablecloth to give it a crazy polka dot look and placed Dr. Seuss books and stuffed animals all around. We also had a little place set up with a page from Alden's 1 year scrapbook for everyone to sign. Oh and the crazy thing you see in the background with all the party hats on it was a "fun-find" from a local store going out of business. I plan to use it for more birthday's and again at Christmas time!

We had coke in a bottle, grape soda, goldfish crackers, green eggs and sandwiches for snacks. The Dr. Suess topsy turvy birthday cake was definitely "topsy" and it tasted AMAZING!!

The party was great! Alden was surrounded by family and friends that love him and his Great Grandmother Hames watched from a nearby chair as he made a wish on his FIRST BIRTHDAY!!

Thanks again Papa and Nana for allowing us to have the party at your house, Mimi for making the trip from Texas to be here and many thanks to our friends and family who came to celebrate with our boy!


Party Time!

Banner!

Birthday Wishes for Scrapbook!


Thing 1 - Birthday Boy!
Thing 1 and Thing 2 (t-shirts made with love by mommy!)











Great Grandmother Hames

2 comments:

The Moffett Girls said...

Oh my goodness - that is just awesome! Love it! You did such a great job Anne.

Happy 1st Birthday Alden :)

Hildreth Family said...

Great Pictures Anne! What a fun theme ;)