A group from our church is heading to Nicaragua on a medical mission trip in May. When this was brought up in church sometime ago and they asked for medical volunteers, Brad nudged me and said, “You should go.” After looking at him like he was crazy, I began seriously considering it. But, wait…I have a new baby, a toddler, & a husband that needs me. How can I leave the country for an entire week?
In Luke 5 verse 4, Jesus asked Simon to "Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch." Although Simon was tired and frustrated because he had no success fishing that day, he trusted the Lord and said Ok, Lord, if you say so! Simon was willing to venture out of the shallow waters and into the deep. Mike asked the congregation – How many of us are willing to move from the safe, comfortable shallow waters to the risky, potentially scary deep waters?
Well, after much prayer (and encouragement from my wonderful husband!) I feel called to the deep water! So on May 1st, I will be part of a team of several people from Celebration that will go on a week-long medical mission trip to Los Maderas, Nicaragua. We will be partnering with Los Olivos Baptist Church and Clinic in reaching out to their community and outlying villages through a free medical clinic on location at the church. Our clinic will operate Monday – Thursday. We will be taking doctors, nurses, general goodwill ambassadors and a dental hygienist (me) to serve the people of the area. We will make efforts of course to meet as many spiritual needs as they allow.
I am so thankful for a church that encourages me to move beyond my comfort zone and serve others! I know I can help make a difference by going to Nicaragua even if for just one week. Please be in prayer for all of us as we venture out into deep waters and say, “Whatever Lord!” And please pray for Brad – he will be taking the week off work to stay home with our babies!

Pictures from another church's previous trip. Precious children!

Many of the children have never even seen a toothbrush.

1 comment:
Amazing! I'm so proud of you and the leap that you are taking! I will be praying for you!
Post a Comment