Friday, January 29, 2010

Time to swim!

It's almost swim season - time for refresher lessons! Last week Ella Rae started her ISR swimming refresher lessons. She goes once a week for the next 16 weeks! She's doing great! Ms. Cindy has a heated indoor pool and so we can start now while it's still cold out and then move to her outdoor pool once it warms up. It's amazing how much she remembers even though her last lesson was in August. I can't wait to get in the pool with her again! I can't say enough about Cindy personally, the incredible job she does instilling confidence in children through swimming and of course teaching them water survival skills should they ever need it.

At our neighborhood pool this past summer Ella Rae would jump in to us and swim, swim back and forth to the steps and of course wants to do it over and over again! If she realizes daddy or mommy is to far away and that she needs to breathe then she will flip over to her back and float. Brad and I are very proud of her and feel comforted knowing Ella Rae has a greater chance of survival should she ever fall in the water alone.

Here's a video clip from graduation day last summer where Ella Rae is swimming back and forth between Brad and Cindy. She also flips over to her back when she realizes she can't reach their hands and needs to breathe. I think this clip speaks for itself!! Thank you Cindy! We're excited to be swimming again! I'll post some video clips from refresher lessons when I get some.

Don't forget to mute the music player below before watching.

Here's Cindy's info:
Cindy Sachse
ISR Certified Swim Instructor
678-546-0340
www.infantswim.com

2 comments:

Casey and Jamie Wood said...

I've been meaning to ask you about this! I'm on the fence about doing this for Hudson...I just don't think I could take the lessons. I don't have the nerves to watch. Do you feel like its worth it? How old was Ella Rae?

Anne said...

Soooo worth it! Ella Rae loves to swim. She was 17 months when we started. It was a huge emotional committment but one I do not regret. If you tell yourself I'm doing this to give my child a chance of surviving should he fall in the water, then you could do it. You're welcome to come watch a lesson too.