Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Meltdown Isle 5!!"

I have officially experienced my sweet and precious daughter's first meltdown. After a fun playdate with Noah this morning, lunch and a nap we headed to Wal-Mart for some groceries. Everything was going smoothly and then she just decided she was done...and let me know it. Ella Rae was screaming at the top of her lungs! I tried chocolate milk, goldfish, calling daddy on the cell phone, toys, holding her while I pushed the cart with one hand...nothing. So I decided since I needed to finish my shopping (quickly)I would just have to let her cry. And while everyone looked at me like I was a crazy mom who should be exiting the store - I shopped on! And wouldn't you know that's when she stopped. Whew! So while laughing in the checkout line (lady in front of me requesting price checks for several items - seriously!) I realized it was pouring outside. No way - yes way! Most people hung out under the awning - not me...I was now "done" with Wal-Mart. So with my tiny travel umbrella over Ella Rae, I pushed that buggy to the van. Soaked but sane - we made it home. And just in time for another nap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My mother says that there is a song out there that says "Motherhood,Motherhood, Blessed Motherhood." She always repeats it to me. Welcome to the "blessed" part. Sorry that she was such a rascal!

The Wilder's said...

good that you can laugh about it! I think girls are born drama queens! Or maybe that's just my two!