Let me start by saying that I am married to the safest, slowest, pokiest driver I know. Seriously! This was the first accident he has ever been in and he's been driving for like 17 yrs. They always say that most accidents occur within a few of miles of your house...so TRUE. Brad and his brother commute to Alpharetta everyday and the accident occured right outside of our neighborhood. They were driving along Spout Springs Rd and the other driver ran out in front of them (she ran a stop sign), Brad of course slammed on his brakes trying to avoid hitting her but couldn't and they spun around. They immediately (car still spinning they said) asked each other if they were ok and both said yes. Once stopped they rushed to the other car to see of they were ok and they were. Both of Brad's airbags deployed and the car filled with this yucky smoke and horrible smell. Thankfully they both had on long sleeves so their arms were protected. Needless to say, Brad's car was totalled but held up well in an accident considering (GO HONDA!!).
I knew exactly what time to expect Brad home and we were set to have dinner with some friends. When he didn't show up when expected, I called his cell and it went straight to voicemail (now we know he was probably calling 911)...I knew something was wrong. My heart sank and then the phone rang and it was him. After dropping Ella Rae off with my amazingly wonderful friend Teresa (who also kept my nephew for Melissa and had her own 2 kids) I immediately headed for Brad. Oh and Teresa's husband Troy drove me! BTW....he was a champ at the site and had jackets, gloves, and a flashlight to help clean out the car.
Praise the Lord no one was hurt, that everyone had on seatbelts, and that they were completely surrounded by God's angels!
Always wear your seatbelt even when you're just right around the corner from your house and drive pokey like Brad!!! I am very thankful for a pokey driving husband!
Here's a picture of Brad's car (2002 Honda Accord).
No comments:
Post a Comment